Unity Reed High School Winter Sports Tryout Schedule:
Boys Basketball – 12/7-9, 3:45-5:15, URHS gymnasium, enter at door 2, pick up in front stadium parking lot
Girls Basketball – 12/7-9, 5:45-7:15, URHS gymnasium, enter at door 2, pick up in front stadium parking lot
Cheer – 12/7-9, Tryouts will be held virtually. All students interested MUST contact Coaches Talbert and Newman at email@example.com for details.
Indoor Track – Tryouts/Practices begin 12/14. You MUST contact Coach Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org for details if you plan on participating.
Swim – Tryouts/Practices begin 12/14 at the Prince William Aquatic Center (located at Colgan High School) – Monday/Wednesday from 8:00-9:00pm and Tuesday/Thursday from 6:45-7:45pm.
Wrestling – 12/14-16, 5:45-7:45, URHS gymnasium, enter at door 1, pick up in front stadium parking lot
All student athletes MUST complete the following in order to be permitted to try out for athletics:
- Sign-up for a SWOL account at www.swol123.net — directions to create an account can be found here – SWOL Introduction Letter. This account will be used to complete a COVID-19 check-in every day (using SWOL). This must be completed by 1:00pm on every tryout/practice/game day or you will not be permitted to participate that day. *Please note that students should register under our old school name “Stonewall HS”
- A completed sports physical dated after May 1, 2020 must be turned in to the URHS Activities Office. A blank sports physical form can be downloaded here – VHSL Sports Physical form.
- A current concussion training certificate must be on file with the URHS Activities Office. Concussion training is offered virtually for all students this year and can be completed at PWCS Online Concussion Training. Once completed, the certificate must be printed, signed by a parent, and turned in to the URHS Activities Office.
- A blue emergency card must be turned in to your coach. A blank emergency card can be downloaded here – Emergency Card.
- Before being permitted into the building, all athletes must be wearing a face mask and must have their own water bottle.
- Athletes must arrive dressed as locker rooms will not be available.
- Students will need to complete our tryout survey at least 48 hours prior to tryouts so we can verify eligibility. Students may complete the survey here – 2020 Winter Sports Survey
*Physicals and concussion training paperwork may be turned in on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 8:00am-3:30pm
Athletics this year will be quite different from years past due to COVID Guidelines put into place for the safety of our students and staff. Mitigation strategies for each sport that are recommended by the Governor’s Office, VHSL, and PWCS will be followed to ensure the safety of all participants and to allow for a successful season. Per current PWCS policy, spectators will not be allowed to attend any athletic events. Unity Reed High School and many of our opponents will be able to live stream games this winter through the NFHS Network. Please stay tuned for more details and instructions in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact your coach or our Director of Student Activities, Mr. Turner at email@example.com.
A full list of our head coaches can be found on our Head Coaching Staff page.
We very much look forward to having athletics going again at Unity Reed High School!