Important information for Lions student athletes that are preparing to try out for a fall (season II) or spring (season III) sport this year….
VHSL has adjusted the sports seasons for the 2020-21 school year. Below are the estimated start dates for fall (season II) and spring (season III) tryouts:
SEASON II (Fall sports)
Cross Country – Tryouts begin 2/15 – Zoom interest meeting on 1/21 at 3:30pm, contact Coach Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org for zoom details
Field Hockey – 2/15
Football – Tryouts begin 2/4 – Zoom interest meeting on 1/21 at 6:00pm, contact Coach Walker at email@example.com for zoom details
Golf – 2/15
Volleyball – 2/15
SEASON III (Spring sports)
Baseball – 4/12
Lacrosse – 4/12
Soccer – 4/12
Softball – 4/12
Tennis – 4/12
Track & Field – 4/12
*Note that off season workouts may start prior to these dates. Please contact your coach directly with questions about specific sports.
All student athletes MUST complete the following in order to be permitted to participate in any off-season workouts or to try out for athletics:
- Sign-up for a SWOL account at www.swol123.net — directions to create an account can be found here – SWOL Introduction Letter. This account will be used to complete a COVID-19 check-in every day (using SWOL). This must be completed by 1:00pm on every tryout/practice/game day or you will not be permitted to participate that day. *Please note that students should register under our old school name “Stonewall HS”
- A completed sports physical dated after May 1, 2020 must be turned in to the URHS Activities Office. A blank sports physical form can be downloaded here – VHSL Sports Physical form.
- A current concussion training certificate must be on file with the URHS Activities Office. Concussion training is offered virtually for all students this year and can be completed at PWCS Online Concussion Training. Once completed, the certificate must be printed, signed by a parent, and turned in to the URHS Activities Office.
- A blue emergency card must be turned in to your coach. A blank emergency card can be downloaded here – Emergency Card.
- Please note that before being permitted into the building, all athletes must be wearing a face mask and must have their own water bottle.
- Athletes must arrive to events dressed and ready to participate as locker rooms will not be available.
- All student athletes MUST meet current academic eligibility requirements.
*Physicals and concussion training paperwork may be turned in to the Activities Office on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 8:00am-3:30pm
Our next weekend paperwork collection date is Saturday, 2/6/2021, from 9am-12 noon at door #19 to the school weight-room (on the back side of our school)
We encourage you to reach out to your head coach with questions specific to your sport. A full list of our head coaches can be found on our Head Coaching Staff page.
Athletics this year will be quite different from years past due to COVID Guidelines put into place for the safety of our students and staff. Mitigation strategies for each sport that are recommended by the Governor’s Office, VHSL, and PWCS will be followed to ensure the safety of all participants and to allow for a successful season. Per current PWCS policy, spectators will not be allowed to attend any athletic events. Unity Reed High School and many of our opponents will be able to live stream games this winter through the NFHS Network. Please stay tuned for more details and instructions in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact your coach or our Director of Student Activities, Mr. Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.